Music Banter - View Single Post - Scottish Bands/Artists Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Mods: Sorry I had to double post as I was over the character limit & just simply couldnt leave Edwyn Collins out! P.S. If you are able to merge it for me then thats sound!.

Edwyn Collins is another of my favourite Scottish artists & very underrated outside his one hit 'A Girl Like You'. The albums 'Gorgeous George' & his recent comeback album 'Home Again' in particular are harshly overlooked.

I grew up listening to this song, I have never grown tired of it and never will.
He is massively underrated outside of this song & Im still to check out his previous group- Orange Juice.

This is a very good track of the album:

This is from his comeback album after recovering from a brain haemorrhage & caught my attention at time of release which prompted me to buy the album which is also very good.

So there you are, you may say I am missing out a lot of Scottish bands but that is either due to me just forgotting about them or not hearing them yet.

I didnt put Bay City Rollers in as I dont really like them & Boards Of Canada someone gave me a copy of all their albums on a usb but Ive not gotten round to listening to them yet. I have been looking on Wikipedia & Im surprised at just how many Scottish bands there are and plan on going on a Scottish bands binge soon!Category:Scottish musical groups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So feel free ,if theres anyone Ive stupidly missed out ,to let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote