Music Banter - View Single Post - Scottish Bands/Artists Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

As hyphenated-American, I really don't want any one to know I'm part Scots & Scots-Irish et cetera.

I like differnet Scottish bands but only a few songs like Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, The Average White Band, Tannahill Weavers, and of course Big Country, too bad they didn't become as big as U2.

My favorite band from Scotland is The Rezillos, actually the first time I heard them I was at Jazz store looking for Les Paul and Wes Montgomery, because Steve Howe was influenced by them. While I was in the basement of this store, that had non-Jazz albums, I heard this band I never heard before and it was the greatest bass playing I ever heard, I sheepishly asked the guy who worked their and said he was playing the Rezillos. Whenever I was in a music store, I would look for their CD, but could never find it. Every so often I'll ask someone about them and they never had a clue who they were. I found a store that could special ordered the CD. It finally arrive something like 6 months latter. It was well worth the wait.

YouTube - The Rezillos - (My Baby Does) Good Sculptures

YouTube - Average White Band - Pick up the pieces

YouTube - Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

I want to say that The Rezillos + AWB = Franz Ferdinand (style-wise); but I won't becuase I don't want any criticism for saying so.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote