Music Banter - View Single Post - Life After Death
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 04:42 AM   #143 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
But our bodies generate energy do they not? Where does all that energy go once the brain and body ceases functioning? Does it disperse into the environment, change form, or go somewhere else completely?

The concious/unconcious experience of living as a human being and the cognitive functions of the brain that allow us to do everything are not the same thing, and even if the latter is directly effected by changes in the brain, the former is something that does not change at all bar the complete shutdown of the entire biological system of a lifeform.

1. Our bodies are made up of energy, as well as everything else in existence. Go ahead and die, then say hello to one of the bugs I killed back in the 2nd grade.
How are you different?

2. If you really want to know where your life-force goes (energy) after you die... Well, ask the process of decomposition. It knows.
Otherwise, any type of semantic argument you can throw at me is completely null and void.

3. If you don't believe that your entire perspective, spiritual or physical, is a result of a cognitive influence, then you are dumber than I thought.