Music Banter - View Single Post - Life After Death
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #144 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
If one were to consider psychology to be (loosely) the study of the mind and one to were to even more loosely define decomposition as something being simplified because it isn't in complete use (or rather living) then I would say it's possible that the decomposition of psychology is occurring within your own underused/simple mind.

Your move 3!
Hey, I've read your Orwell paper. I'd be careful who calls who incompetent. You write papers like you post on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
You can still gather evidence in favour of something and make one explanation more plausible than others, even if you can't be sure it's 100% correct.

F.ex you can look at a brain scan and record brain activity when people think of different things, so we know that brain activity somehow relates to thinking. We know that when parts of the brain is damaged, that can alter function such as the ability to speak languages or the ability to associate visual sensory input with your knowledge of stuff so that you're able to recognize things you see. Damage to the brain in old people with alzheimers often alters personality.

You can take all that and more and say that's evidence in favour of the following assumption : that if the brain dies and completely decomposes, it's function is lost which is so disruptive to thought processes and personality that this stuff ceases.

That's based on f.ex knowledge of the effects of necrosis in your brain when you're alive. Why should the rules suddenly change? From our general experience, they don't.
you also can't be sure its 3% correct.