Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You Hate By Bands You Love
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #192 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Worlds Apart
The lowest point in their career, a total disappointment after Source Tags & Codes. Yet they gained a lot of new fans with it. The follow-up, So Divided, was only slightly better with a few stronger tracks, and thankfully they've redeemed themselves with The Century of Self.

Skinny Puppy - The Greater Wrong Of The Right
Meh...just meh. I was glad that they reunited because it gave the opportunity to finally see my favorite band live, but the album was generally a disappointment. Some of the tracks worked really well live, but the studio versions don't do much for me. The follow-up was a bit more interesting to me and I'm curious where they go with the forthcoming one.

Eight Frozen Modules - Confused Designer
To its credit, I've only played this album once. But the rest of 8FM's albums have struck me so hard that I just don't think this one works for me. The others are a mind-blowing mix of Autechre, Venetian Snares and Aphex Twin. It's like having your brain sliced and rearranged in a different order. There's always something interesting going on. However this album is a bit more monotonous, annoying noises and sounds going on for far too long, etc. It's a bit more ambient and don't do it for me. Granted it's his debut so he hadn't developed his style quite yet.

Squarepusher - Just a Souvenir
I can barely make it through this album it's so ****ty/mediocre. What a disappointment, should have downloaded it first.