Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of sound system rig do you have?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Zer0

This is my current stereo setup at the moment. I have 4 speakers connected to an amplifier (ignore the small computer speakers). The top 2 speakers came with my JVC HiFi which is about 5 years old. The bottom 2 are the real beauties, they're Wharfedale laser-range speakers that my uncle brought home from England about 30 years ago and i currently have them, and i must say they still sound fantastic and they make the floor vibrate which i ****ing love. Old analog equipment just rocks.
The amplifier (bottom right in picture) is a Toshiba which i also got off my uncle, i think it's just as old as the Wharfedale speakers, and it has analog bass and treble knobs which is great.
Then i have my JVC HiFi (near top right) which is just your typical 3-CD, 2 cassette, radio and remote control job, i got this as a xmas pressie one year. This is connected to the amp using a headphone-socket to phono socket lead. I can use this lead to connect anything really, i plug it into my mp3-player and laptop as well.

Best of all none of this equipment cost me a penny