Music Banter - View Single Post - Sonic Youth, Man
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #230 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Ive not heard the newest one yet. I have 'Rather Ripped' though, I thought it strangely pretty straight forward compared to their previous stuff. Was alright though, Ive not bothered to really listen to it more than a couple of times though.
I agree that Sonic Youth are a pretty good band but to be honest I only really love one of thier albums. 'Goo' was the first album i got and it is my favourite; I am surprised myself at this but I just feel everything else Ive heard pales in comparison. I didnt really dig 'Daydream Nation' that much but I loved the Trilogy at the end. Other albums I have include: 'Bad Moon Rising'- 'Death Valley 69' with Lydia Lunch is one of my favourite Sonic Youth tracks- also the video is quality!, 'Dirty'- which is pretty good, 'Washing Machine' - I had heard good things about this album for ages including the 2 months it took me to buy it(2 sellers in a row from playtrade failed to send me the cd) & was disappointed that in the end I didnt really dig it that much anyway...
'Murray Street'- which was pretty good also, 'Sister' ,'Experimental Jet Set...', 'EVOL'- I have been given copies of but havent gotten round to listening to yet.

So Im kind of on the fence with Sonic Youth, maybe in time I will come to appreciate them more, which has happened with a lot of artists in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote