Music Banter - View Single Post - The Led Zeppelin Blues
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
cheezyridr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrocks View Post
Led Zeppelin first two albums have many tracks that are blatant rip-offs of other people songs. What I mean they took whole lyrics and structures of other’s people songs like “Dazed and Confused” and “Whole Lotta Love” from other songs. They did a great job the problem is that they did not give songwriting credits to those songs. That being said they did not invent Hard Rock or anything really but they are the standard Hard Rock bands are compared to.
the truth is the truth. and the truth is right there in above quote. jimmy page is the most prolific guitarist in his time, appearing on more vynil than any other, especially as a session guy. that said, he is also the biggest plagarist that ever lived, and largely seems to have gotten away with it. i do love their music, it is great. but much of it was borrowed, uncredited, from others. a little research would bear this out, i won't bother posting the many examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
If I was still a moderator I'd delete this thread.

Zeppelin invented hard rock as a mainstream form of music any other opinion ignores the facts

Yeah 2000 posts!
the most important fact suggested by your post seems to be how fortunate the rest of us are that you are no longer a mod.
cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote