Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Top 100 Best Guitar Players of All Time
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho
Band played for: Children of Bodom (Current)
Date of birth: April 8, 1979

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/vie...g-with-guitars

Biography:

Alexi Laiho is the current lead guitarist and vocalist for the Melodic-Deathmetal band Children of Bodom. Guitar World magizine has named this guy one of the top 50 fastest shredders. This is a very very great title to hold in my eyes. I think guitarists today are taking the guitar to new levels that have never been seen before. Alexi is one of the best in my eyes. He has been the guitarist for bands like Thy Serpant and Warmen. Alexi is living the high life. Whenever he is not on tour with one of his bands he is at home partying playing video games or drinking. Alexi has been influenced by Ozzy Osbourne and has HATE tattoed on his right hand in homage to Osbourne who has a similar tattoo with the letters O-Z-Z-Y. Many people may not like this man because he has reffered to the band DreamTheater as "Super Lame" and "It's not music;it's a sport."

The reason I put Alexi on my list is because he is one of the worlds fastest shreaders and when he is with Children of Bodom he makes that guitar sound like something you have never heard before.

Last edited by coryallen2; 05-26-2009 at 07:56 AM.