Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's talk Midwestern Hip-Hop
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
-GraFF-
Groupie

Default Let's talk Midwestern Hip-Hop

Sorry, I don't normally register and then just start a thread but this site lacked a Midwestern Hip-Hop section and that's the only kind of Hip-Hop I listen to anymore (well... for the most part.)

Just so everybody knows Midwestern Hip-Hop is from the Midwest... not the West. Bay Area, although I reside there, Hip-Hop is not in any way related to the Midwest. Artists like P.O.S., Atmosphere, MF Doom are all Midwestern Hip-Hop. A large majority of artists on the Rhymesayers Entertainment label are Midwestern, so if you want in on this disscusion but aren't exactly educated on the topic feel free to visit their site and take a peek at the artists section.

I recently listened to the record "When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That **** Gold" by Atmosphere. Slug and Ant are the duo that make up Atmosphere and I must say that as far as the Midwest is concerned they made the best Hip-Hop album of 2008. Thoughts?

That ain't a breeze it's a draft, because the window's crack, it's where the heart is, broken or not I won't turn my back...
-GraFF- is offline   Reply With Quote