Music Banter - View Single Post - Pinback
Thread: Pinback
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

I'm surprised there aren't more Pinback fans in here, or at least that there hasn't been more discussion. I absolutely love these guys. I think I discovered them after Blue Screen Life came out, and have been hooked ever since. I was really pleasantly surprised with their newest, Autumn of the Seraphs, also. I like all of their albums but for some reason it almost surpasses the others. They have this minimalistic style, that hasn't changed all that much from album to album. But somehow it has progressed, and I feel that it's just a bit tighter, more solid, better produced without going overboard. It's just really good.

I'm listening to the debut now so I thought I'd see what I could dig up in this place. Thinking about it again while I listen, I guess their style has evolved a bit more than I realize. They were much more minimal and subdued in the beginning. But I like both that style and the more recent, fuller and more upbeat (I guess) style.

Last edited by sidewinder; 05-26-2009 at 11:49 AM.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote