Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #340 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I agree that if homosexuals are allowed to marry, polygamists at least deserve to have their case reexamined. But one of the reasons why it's not very likely that polygamist marriages will become legal in the near future is that it creates a world of social and legal problems (like for instance, if one of the parties to a polygamist marriage dies, there would be a problem regarding inheritance, if they become incapacitated, there are issues as to which of the other spouses would be able to make medical or other decisions for them etc.) and changes the institution of marriage for everyone, unlike granting same-sex couples the right to marry which doesn't.
Interesting argument, the equality one's just weren't cutting it. As I said [or if I didn't, now I'm saying it], I'm not for polygamy at all but was just playing devil's advocate. It brings in a whole slew a potential suitors for polygamy though if opened up. I do feel it's a matter of time before *** marriages are legalized.

As to JJJ, that's not really the point since the government has already decided to involve itself in marriages. Though in theory I agree with your point.