Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #382 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
You sounds like adidasss now, if you can't read it say so. But I'm inclined to think it isn't my spelling when you write things like "why do I need to think? the law tells me what it is."

The law is relativly new. So someone elses definition was just made "the law." which removes all historical steep, as well as well debated policy. It was voter mandate. Saying we're going to redefine the law makes it sound like we're going against nature. We're not.

What i want to know is why you're making a case of polygamy. Do you want them to have rights?

When someone says, why can't people choose who they want to marry, your response is "why can't we marry multiple people?"

Quit dodging the god damned bullet and eat it like a man. You don't know what you're talking about, do you?
It doesn't MATTER if I want polygamists to have rights, it's whether they DESERVE rights UNDER THE LAW. That's the whole question to this. There are certainly people that don't want homosexuals to have rights, it's a matter of whether they deserve these rights under the law.

If someone asked me, "Why can't people choose who they want to marry?", I'd probably answer "It's not legal to do so."

You are bringing your personal opinions into a legal discussion.

And since you mentioned it....

"Because if you figure out what Marriage is, and by the by, let me know when you do, you'll agree that theres a sound case for homosexual marriage, and it doesn't hover in the gravity field of polygamy."

I have no idea what this means. It uses horrible English, horrible sentence structure, horrible grammar, and makes little to no sense. I'd love to hear what college you graduated from and what you studied, I don't believe it for a second.