Music Banter - View Single Post - Who do you want as the next US President?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

wow, i'm sorry, i didn't realize i would be berrated for making a mistake about the exact wording about a constitution. damn, where did i get the nerve to voice my thought on an issue before spending time thoroughly researching the topic? seriously, lighten up, its a freakin internet forum. and anyways, although the constitution makes references to religion, alot has changed since then. one, not everyone follows the christian religion, or any religion for that matter, and two, there are many examples of american society in which there is separation of church and state. such as public education. For the most part, in terms of LEAGAL issues, religion is not a factor. it is my opinion that religion should not even be an issue when debating *** marriages, as it is primarily for legal reasons that ***s want the opportunity to get married, so they can get the same benefits as straight couples, and so they are recognized by law as a legally married couple. and for those who say marriage is a strictly religious ceremony, not neccessarily. there are many people who are not religious at all, so they look at marriage from a strictly legal viewpoint.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER