Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #392 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Yeah then I'm not getting your point. You said we're all equal under the law because no one can have same-sex marriage. I said that I disagree with that logic because it makes the assumption that heterosexual marriage is for some reason more moral. You told me I missed the point. I then thought "well that is fair since I was attacking the morality behind the law as opposed to the reality." I then pointed out that the reality is not all United States citizens are equal under the law because you can have same-sex marriage in 1/10 of the United States. Meaning that 1/10 of the United States (state wise not population wise) is more equal (to put it in Orwellian terms) than the rest. You again said I missed the point...so enlighten me. What is your point? I thought it was that we're all equal in the eyes of the law because no one can have same-sex marriage and if that's the case I don't see how I've missed that point at all seeing as it was what I was responded to from two different aspects.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote