Music Banter - View Single Post - Comus' 1001 Albums you should listen to before you die
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #148 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
Il Balletto Di Bronzo - Ys
Year: 1972

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome this is. Imagine if ELP had the capacity to make captivating music. You know, with some awesome guitars, a truly great drummer, keyboardist coupled with great songwriting skills. This is basically what you get with this Album, a lot of people are quick to dismiss it as derivative, but I just don't hear it. Even now this sounds completely original and suprisingly fresh. It's safe to say this has aged better than a lot of it's contemporaries. This is one to listen to when you want to hear something really interesting.

3 Choice Tracks: 5 track album, all are really good, and you'll probably find the whole album before you'll find individual tracks.
Great choice! I think you can hear where The Mars Volta got some of their inspiration on this album.