Music Banter - View Single Post - North Korea
Thread: North Korea
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #91 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Do you even read my posts? I've stated several times my positions on Tibet and Darfur already and addressed basically that entire post in previous statements. I never said I was in favor of the United States going and invading Darfur and dealing with the problem themselves. In the same way I wouldn't be in favor of them going into North Korea or Iraq. I've already explained why I've made the comparison all you've said was "it's a terrible comparison." If you want to talk about arguing to score points or "snarkifying" look at your own methods.

What I find interesting here though is you try and make me out to be a hypocrite because you think I favor action in Darfur (which I don't - not United States action anyway) but that I'm against any action in Iraq or North Korea. Which has been my point I've been trying to make all along. The difference is I'm not the one with the hypocrisy issues.

Now as for your point about domestic abuse and it being the same philosophy. You're completely right. If I knew someone was beating his wife I wouldn't go in with a bat and start beating the shit out of him. I would call the police - the same can be said about my foreign policy seeing as I don't think the United States is the world police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
No

The problem is you don't want to discuss ideas or listen you want to tell everyone how smart you are. You've ignored simple questions and incorrectly assumed where I was going with this in every single one of your responses thus far. I'm not interested in that.
You expect me to answer a question when I disagree with the assumption the question makes? If you want a simple answer then yes I do believe a fresh start would be better than the status quo.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote