Music Banter - View Single Post - The Daily Show: Insightful Commentary or Lowering the Standard
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

How can you even debate that it's a satire? OF COURSE it's a satire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
It's a comedy show with a specific agenda. And the idea of the thread was "Insightful Commentary or Lowering the Standard." I was agreeing with the latter.
Comedy is supposed to have a specific agenda, observational and satirical comedy is inherently done from a subjective and simplified point of view, for it to be objective is impossible.

Yes it's geared towards young liberals, but comedy has to be geared towards somebody, it's hard to laugh at something you don't connect with or agree with in any way.

You're demanding way too much from these shows, I mean for crying out loud, I thought all the d*ck jokes made it clear enough that they're not trying to convince anyone they are serious journalists.

You can't blame the creators if people are too stupid and lazy to fact check what they hear. If you're gonna blame the creators for how some idiots end up interpreting their work. Then you should be doing your part in burning books and rock cds. Because that's what this is starting to sound like to me.

And once again. It's a show that pokes fun at the news, it's not trying to BE the news.

It's on Comedy Central, the home of Drawn Together, Mind of Mencia and Blue Collar TV, they're not trying to fool anyone into thinking it's serious politically correct journalism.

If anything, Daily Show has helped me become more politically aware, when they cover a story I'm interested in, I look it up, I check the sources, I do my research. And I'm sure a lot of people do that. If you just let stupid people spoil everything for you, THEY WIN.

Jesus Christ, get a sense of humor and just laugh at what's meant to be laughed at.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote