Music Banter - View Single Post - Joined yesterday
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
theimperialwarcult
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I grew up with Classical music too. Also, I hear you on the local bands collaboration. My boyfriend is in a metal band that is on tour right now. He's also on MB as ElephantSack, so keep an eye out for him so you guys can perhaps schedule some shows together. They've not that much money, so they've been traveling through this website called couchsurfing.com, where you can find free places to stay and meet locals in the towns that you travel to. It's pretty ****ing sick if you ask me. Have you guys toured yet? Or are you looking for other local bands in different areas to book shows with?
Oh cool, I'll look them up. 3 of us are all about touring, the other 2 have wives and kids so they don't want to be away from their families. We do play all over New Mexico, sometimes El Paso texas. We've been talking about doing some AZ and CA shows. A bar here in Town that's really friendly towards touring bands is El Patio, the bar also has a myspace. Ya no kidding, we rent a van and crap all our gear in there and drive to Albuquerque, it's so much fun. People are always super nice about letting bands crash at their place. Is he's band touring the Southwest at all?