Music Banter - View Single Post - NeutralHead Collective - In The Merryweather Rainbow over the Spectacular (2009)
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 01:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
Gone Sugaring
Foam-injected Axl Rose

It saddens me that Neutral Milk Hotel and In The Aeroplane Over The Sea will now always be associated with Pitchfork and hipsterdom. To many times have I been called a hipster for saying it's my favorite my favorite album of all time. I was freaking twelve when I first heard it, I didn't even use the computer unless it for typing English assignments. I find it fascinating that even though even though it came in 90's, they managed to sell it anew to entire new audience. People give Pitchfork and blogs in general to much power, both the people who love them and hate them. It's to much hyping and then nothing but backlash and "UGHGHGH Why do you people like this band? Stupid hipsters!" Sorry, I felt like ranting.

Anyways, as for the original post, even though it's making fun of some of my favorite bands (well, NMH, Animal Collective and Radiohead, not so much MGMT) I thought it was pretty funny.