Music Banter - View Single Post - Effects Processors, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
oh yeah, i agree with that, i'm just saying the music that's made with it at that moment is more important than what you used to get there
I agree.

Dave and I got into this same type of argument regarding using synthesizer presets.

While I agree that using individual stomp boxes to form your "sound" is fun and creative, there are multiFX pedals that allow you to edit every individual process, just as you would using stomp boxes. I don't see how it's different. It's certainly more cost-efficient, and if you can come out at the end of it all with a great sound, regardless of whether you used a bunch of individual boxes, or a single box that does the same thing, then that's what really counts.

With that in mind, I do have several stomp boxes, but I got this a while back and it's pretty flexible:
Digitech RP500

What I like about it is I can use it like a stomp box by disabling the pre-amp section and plugging it right into my guitar amp head. In the studio, I used the pre-amp and cab simulations direct in. In either case, it sounds great. I may be thinking about getting a Mesa pre and a power amp to use for my half cab though, because currently I have a Line6 Spider 2 on top of it and it's REALLY inflexible and doesn't sound all that fabulous.

Last edited by Freebase Dali; 05-30-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote