Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 03:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I know people are gonna want to close this. But I think it's a fine idea, a little honesty dosen't hurt as long as it doesn't get rowdy. So here goes.

Urban Hatemonger: Back in the day, I wasn't much of a fan of this guy, I used to think he was somewhat humorless and merely ranted about popular artists for the sake of being different. But my opinion of him has changed drastically over the years, now I know he's just being brutally honest and I can respect that even when I disagree with him. He's certainly one of our most witty members, he makes me laugh a lot. Plus he's probably gotten me into more music than anyone else on the forum.

Sleepy Jack: Our relationship is a very unusual one, most of the serious arguments I've had on MB has been with him. And yet I talk to him on a more regular basis than any other MB member. In general I think he's a nice, funny guy. But there are times when he annoys me greatly. I agree with VF in that he's extremely contrarian, I often feel like he picks arguments with people out of sheer boredom. And he can be the most anal in an argument, the most demanding of facts and sources, and fairness. And yet I think he contradicts that a lot with his own arguments. Of course people say the same thing about me. Maybe that's why we can get along even after all we've been through, because we have more in common than we want to admit. But even so, there's always been this kind of rivalry between us that will probably never go away, we have this serious habit of taunting each other.

He's probably my greatest polar opposite as far as our music tastes are concerned, we both love The Beatles and Radiohead. But that's basically it.

Jackhammer: Probably the nicest member of the forum. And probably has the most eclectic taste of any other MB member. He seems to be the most eager to share his music with others, which is of course a great thing. And it seems I can get along with him easier than anyone else even when we have a major disagreement.

TheBig3KilledMyRainDog: I think this guy is a little too cryptic for his own good, the way he phrases things is really hard to understand, and he also asks questions to the point of fustration. Plus, he also sounds annoyingly like a Rolling Stone music critic at times. I have noticed that he's cooled down a bit, he used to be a lot more irritable and unpredictable, and during those times we didn't get along very well. He still has some of that explosive temper left, but I'm kinda indifferent about him nowadays.

Janszoon: He can be pretty contrarian at times, but usually in a way that's friendly and acceptable. Overall a nice guy.

Toretorden: I don't have any serious problems with him except for one thing. He comes off to me as rather anal, almost robotic. I dunno, maybe it's just me. We like a lot of the same music however, and he's eager to get me involved with whatever prog related projects he comes up with, which I'm always happy to participate in. Plus the guy is so good at being a mod that I think he might have OCD or something.

Right-Track: It's funny, he's been here so damn long. And yet, and I don't want this to come off as mean. I still don't know very much about him. I just know he's very british, lol.

Seltzer: We share a lot of musical insterests, but I rarely get to learn a lot about him. He has a habit of disappearing and reappearing.

Adidasss: I find his personality to be quite similar to mine. Very opinionated, lenient but less likely to refrain from insults when he feels like people deserve it and maybe a bit of an ego problem. Almost every argument I've had with him has been very jovial in nature, so that's a quality about him I certainly like.

Lucifer Sam: I don't hate him (yet) but he annoys me pretty easly, my opinion of him is very much like the opinion I used to have of Urban. Only difference is I don't think it's gonna change in the future. We can get along at times, but his abrasive in your face style is at odds with my easy irritability. If anything, he's basically just a milder, more likable version of The Unfan.

The Unfan: Well since it's about being honest, I can't really think of anything positive to say about him whatsoever. I dislike his arrogant attitute, his taste in music and his neverending quest to get under my skin. His recent campaign to unmod me just seals the deal. It's best that we stay as far from each other as possible.

Captain Caveman: Of any other member, he can bring out the worst in me, I'll give him that. I'm still rather dumbfounded over why he is as popular and well liked as he is. Every post I've seen from him is a one or two sentence paragraph of inflamatory statements. I can't stand his attitude, his humor, the way he tries to justify his arrogant bullying tactics and listening to his LastFM was one of the most unpleasant experiences in my life.

Comus: There's a lot of things about this guy that bothers me. He has some eclectic taste in music I admit, he listens to a lot of obscure music, but because of this I feel he wears his taste as a badge of superiority. Every picture of the guy gives me that feeling, the one with the "Radiohead sucks" t shirt, and the one where he's sitting there with his guitar, and a rather satisfying grin on his face, as if he's thinking to himself "if they see this they'll know I'm a serious musician". I find his attitude very smug and unappealing, he's probably the last person I'd ever want to recommend a band too.

Mr Dave: I don't dislike him so much as the way he picks an argument, it's always like the first thing he does is remind you how much more about the subject he knows than you do. I guess it's because he's one of our older members and maybe it's not his fault. But even though he's quite intelligent and knowledgeable in a lot of the fields he debates in, I still feel like he condescends to me and others.

Vanilla: We don't get to talk to each other very often, but I feel she's unfairly picked on at times, and that I can clearly indentify with. We stick up for each other when the going gets tough. She might not be that subtle when it comes to reminding you how sexy she is. But since everyone (me included) has the hots for her, that's easly forgiven.

Thrice: Someone I get along with very well despite how different our tastes are. Has the most fascinating acid trip stories you'll ever hear, that's for sure. And we find a lot of things to talk about. Only thing about him that bothers me is that his posts are often incredibly brief. It's better to talk to him on AIM than on the forum.

JayJamJah: He's fine with me, can't be too harsh on my fellow Zephead. I certainly don't agree with him politically, and sometimes he'll nitpick over very trivial things. I wouldn't recommend anyone argue with this guy unless they have remarkable endurance skills.

Wayfarer: I've warmed up to him a little bit, in that he's not quite as abrasive and confrontational about his dislike of me as Unfan and Caveman are. I can at least approach him sometimes during an argument without fists flying.

Crash_Override: I wish we had more posters here like him, who have a greater appreciation for more technical music, but without being an elitist muso douchebag about it. He also has a talent for funny little witticisms.

Rainard Jalen: I nitpick over his comments almost like it's a hobby, though he doesn't seem to hold too much against me for it. I'm not a big fan of the way he describes things, it's like he tries too hard to be a music critic.

Piss Me Off: Of the indie guys, I get along with him surprisingly well. I don't think I've ever seen him in an argument with anyone ever. An overall friendly guy, and quite funny too.

Sweet_Nothing: All I know about the guy is that I have a serious problem of confusing him with Ethan at times. I don't have much of an opinion of him, but he seems to dislike me pretty strongly, considering he's one of the bigger indie fans, I can't say I blame him.

Yukon Cornelius: A bit too much of an over-analizer, though sometimes that means he can be insightful, he's not as intuitive as he thinks he is and he can really go beyond a posters comfort zone. His little incident with Vanilla for example. His rants about conformity and capitalism also come off as rather pretentious and annoying to me.

Veridical Fiction: Very analtyical, as the first post on this thread clearly shows. Mostly that's to his benefit, he can be really intuitive and insightful. He's funny too.

Cardboard Adolecent: Very smart, if a little pretentious. I'd advise any weak willed individual not to read this guys posts to avoid the possibility that their heads will explode.

FireinCairo: All I know is that he has a pretty bad habit of tearing down music I like. And I really don't get his sense of humor.

Molecules: Being a newbie, I don't know much about him quite yet. He's quite funny and a bit of a wordsmith.

Murder Junkie: You gotta love the guy, but 100 bucks says he's a registered sex offender.

Anteater: I don't know too much about him except that he's our second biggest Yes fan. We get along.

Satchmo: Another one of my fellow proggies, he's probably our best poster when it comes to hilarious and crafty oneliners.

Coryallen: Poor guy has dug himself to China by now.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.