Music Banter - View Single Post - Hate Crimes
Thread: Hate Crimes
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #193 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Should people be punished more severely for assaulting or otherwise causing harm to someone if they did it for a reason like their sexuality or race?
No I don't believe they should, the person should be punished severely for assaulting someone in the first place & shouldnt have had to have had a racist motive to be dealt with properly. This actually, is a crime within itself as they are discriminating against certain races by treating cases more seriously just because there is a racist motive.
Now, Im not condoning racially motivated attacks or any form of racism for that matter. Personally it makes me sick to think that you can look at someone differently just because of the colour of their skin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I'm against hate crime laws.

But I dunno, it's certainly more admirable to actually have a more logical reason to kill somebody, like being a total douchebag.
So, you consider killing someone because of the colour of their skin/race as a 'logical reason'? Typical American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote