Music Banter - View Single Post - Hate Crimes
Thread: Hate Crimes
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #201 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
So, you consider killing someone because of the colour of their skin/race as a 'logical reason'? Typical American.
*Epic face palm*

That's not what I meant at all, I said I'm against hate crime legislation.

However. I think killing someone because they wronged you somehow or pose some kind of threat to you or your loved ones, is a more reasonable/justifiable crime than simply because of their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, whatever.

That's what I was saying.

But that's just my opinion, except for in certain cases, I don't think it's the legal systems right to judge how "immoral" a murder is and compare them to each other. The problem with hate crime laws is, if you killed a person for any random reason, because of some irrational hatred, as a lot of psychopathic killers do, then that should qualify as a hate crime. Killing someone because he thinks Dane Cook is funny is just as much of a crime as killing a person because of his race.

I mean these people probably judge only by the skin color, so even if the reason you killed a guy is because he porked your wife, if he's a black guy, it could be called a hate crime even if his race had nothing to do with it. And that's wrong. If you kill a person, the severeness of that crime shouldn't be rated by the color of the victims skin.

It implies that the lives of minorities are more valuable than the lives of white people.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote