Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Urban Hatemonger:
Aside from knowing a ****load about music, this guy is hilarious. I have a feeling he was once a bit more genial and forgiving, but years of being on MB and modding have ground him down a bit and made him more caustic.

Jackhammer:
Lee is a nice guy and despite having a lot on his plate in the past year has still managed to contribute an amazing amount to MB. Definition of open-minded.

Right-Track:
David is genuine down-to-earth honest guy who has earned his Modfather title for a reason - if **** hits the fan, we can rely on him to hold things together.

Sleepy Jack:
Well I didn't get off to the greatest start with Ethan, but I don't think many people do - it was just as much my fault because I was a close-minded metalhead back then and cantankerous to boot. Either way, we started to respect each other and cooperated on the top 100 lists... and I found him to be pretty agreeable and funny. I get on pretty well with him nowadays. He does tend to worry too much about little things though.

TheBig3KilledMyRainDog:
I'm not interested enough in politics to have had many arguments with Brennan but I do recall having a 3 page argument about Kirk Hammett once. He speaks his mind, keeps it real and ultimately has MB's welfare at heart. Extremely eloquent.

Janszoon:
I'm pretty sure I've never seen Janszoon argue with anyone before. He's a nice and funny guy.

Toretorden:
Tore seems like a guy who has experienced more of the world than most people his age, and thus has a lot of interesting stories to tell. He's passionate about learning, he gets things done and stands for justice. And I don't think he's as robotic/clinical as some think, he's just very motivated... and that's a good thing.

Boo Boo:
Boo Boo is a funny guy who is admirably shameless - he shouldn't doubt himself as much as he does.

Dreadnaught:
Dreadnaught seems about as reticent as myself and that's probably why I've never talked to her much. She seems funny though and she's quite pretty.

Adidasss:
Well I like our resident Croatian but I don't think I've ever really crossed swords with him.

Lucifer Sam:
I've always liked Lucifer and his dry sense of humour... he actually reminds me a fair bit of Urban and earns bonus points for being a fellow engineer. Our musical tastes seem to cross over in the krautrock, post-punk and jazz areas.

Captain Caveman:
It probably sounds weird for a mod to say this, but forums benefit from having a balance of characters and CC helps this with what many people consider trolling. Anyway, he's far more than just a troll and I've talked to him a few times on here.

Comus:
People have in the past unfairly written off Yngve as a prog elitist, but in reality, he knows an astronomical amount about music of many types. He's frankly pretty awesome and quite prolific with his reviews.

Vanilla:
I was around when Vanilla was here back in 05 but I didn't really get to know her back then. Since then I've talked to her and discovered she's a pretty cool gal, very down-to-earth and friendly.

Wayfarer:
Another guy with eclectic tastes who sadly hasn't been on here as often as he used to be.

Rainard Jalen:
Rainard has some pretty strong and controversial opinions but I've always got on pretty well with him. He's someone whom I wouldn't mind seeing more in the non-music subforums as well.

Piss Me Off:
Luke is another genuinely good guy and a fellow Bowie/Morrissey/caffeine junkie. I think I'd get on pretty well with him in real life.

Sweet_Nothing:
Reminds me of a younger version of Ethan. He's a funny guy.

Veridical Fiction:
I don't much about him but he seems well spoken and funny.

Molecules:
I love this guy - he's classically British and has a way with words. Another very intelligent person who keeps it real.

Dac:
Another fellow engineer! Despite his unhealthy Radiohead obsession, I think there's part of him that really wants to step outside his musical comfort zone.

Cardboard Adolescent:
Somewhat enigmatic and reminiscent of my flatmate (a philosopher stuck inside a scientist's body).

RezZ / Loose Lips:
They're both under the same description because they're both nice guys who would never so much as hurt flies.

I'll add more later