Music Banter - View Single Post - Hate Crimes
Thread: Hate Crimes
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 AM   #205 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Take a ****ing joke.
Take a run & jump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Just this one.
Well at least you admit to it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
Hate crime legislation is ridiculous end of. As has been pointed out before, the assault is the crime, not the motive, there is no such thing as thought police (yet) so usually motive is hard to determine. And no one would admit to hate crime knowing full well it would come with a larger penalty. I find the suggestion of Hate Crime legislation to be racist in itself for cases like assault, murder etc. Same with harassment.

Also lol at mirrorball.
This is exactly what i was saying, its a crime anyway whether theres particular racist motives or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
You should really calm down, I am constantly seeing you bag other members of these boards and it's just not on. Especially considering you just joined. I don't expect you to start ass kissing people but give others respect and you will gain respect. Because even though I can't speak for everyone, I'm getting the consenus that you're coming off as a prick. Deal?

My opinion on hate crimes:

I believe that hate crimes are that in which people are attacked specifically due to their sexuality, race or religion.

Let me ask you all some questions: 6 million Jews were killed between 1939 and 1945 (WWII) due to Hitlers fabricated ideas on what the perfect race should be. They were persecuted due to the fact that they were of the Jewish religion. Is this not a hate crime?

The African American slaves were brought over to America and treated lower than how animals were, and only recently (the last decade) have gained full rights and equality in society. People who discriminate them are committing hate crimes, am I right?

So continuing to someones sexuality. How can we let religion alone determine whether someone can have a partner of the same sex? Religion is not supposed to be related to politics, so why was Prop 8 voted for as a majority? The bible belt of American still controls the way the country is run. I believe that someone who is abused physically, sexually or emotionally because of their sexuality is absolutely a hate crime.

Whether or not to severly punish someone for committing a hate crime is an interesting question, and I think that it should be treated like any other crime, but with the added element of hate entered into their sentence. Such as, sending the convicted to classes that teach how people of different sexualities, races and religions should be treated, because crimes of such nature are often based on personal ignorance.

There needs to be more done in schools, there are so many cases of bullying using taunts to someones sexuality which have lead to suicide of 8 year-olds! It's just awful. Thoughts?
You miss the point with these crimes. Whether its a hate crime, is irrelevant when determining how they should be punished(which in the Nazis case, they(most of them) escaped it) as it is already a crime in itself- murder. Now I agree that the fact that they were killed for such ridiculous reasons such as their religion/colour of skin etc shouldnt go totally ignored but at the same time as someone mentioned previously they are making out that the black people have more rights than the white people if they take it more seriously just because of the colour of the persons skin.
For instance, imagine if you gave a black person for instance racial abuse in the street - theyd be nicked in an instant & imagine the difference say if a black person gave a white person racial abuse in the street; it wouldnt be taken seriously at all.

Also as for sexuality, I dont have anything against anyone who is ***/bi, whatever. I can understand why the term hate crime is in use as ,like i said before, I dont think it should go unnoticed, just dont think it should have a massive influence on cases where the crime is murder for instance & not the fact that the guy was black, which I think is a crime within itself.

EDIT: As for me 'bagging' other members of the board, I only do it as much as they do it to me. I dont know why people single me out as opposed to the other 'offenders'. As for 'just joined' I dont see how that makes a difference, so people who have a certain amount of posts all of a sudden have a liscense to 'bag people', as you call it, on the forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.

Last edited by Mirrorball95; 06-01-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote