Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Default After Lunch

ProggyMan – You have a very broad range of interests and introductory knowledge of a hosts of subjects. You got a bad rap in my opinion because you were so young when you started posting here and had a hard time fitting in initially. I appreciate your opinions very much and you’ve handled yourself very well in the discussions and debates we’ve had, I appreciate you adjusting and backing up your opinions better t makes it easier for me to see your side.

Rezz – You’ve always been very nice and I think you brought some things to this forum it was missing in terms of your musical interests. I have no idea how old you are, what your background is or anything but I am starting to get the feeling we are a lot different.

Right-Track – Oozes sincerity, an admiral trait and one that is rarely conveyed through a impersonal median. I lament your absence in the music and political\philosophical forums and would love it if you shared some of your perspectives and opinions on a more frequent basis.

Roygbiv - You might have the best presented reviews on the site, and they are excellent reads more often then not to boot, even to someone as ignorant of some of your topics as me. Not sure we’ve talked much if at all directly.

SATCHMO – Largely flew under the radar for me here which is too bad because you’re one of the few people close to my age. You’ve always been gracious towards me and I appreciate that, here’s to hoping we have something worth talking about one day.

Savannah – I often wonder what the hell you’re doing on this forum. Every run in I’ve had with you has been pleasant and you have a good sense of humour about your self and life in general which is endearing. I’m positive you like the attention your photos clearly get you as evidenced by this thread and can only surmise that’s why you’re stilling popping in every now and then.

Seltzer – You’ve been correctly pegged by other in this thread as someone we could use a bit more of. I find you likable, but really don’t know that much about you.

Sleepy Jack – Where to begin…Frustrated with you right now, starting to think you argue to try and win an argument instead of to share and discuss ideas. Its arrogance typical of young men your age and when mixed with intelligence and a little social awkwardness\anxiety it can be an explosive combination. When you’re into it, you’re the best young contributor the forum has and it should be noted for all the combativeness and aggression you are for the most part a really nice person, or at least have been and seem like one to me.

Sonace – I’ve noticed a lot more of your posts lately and before long will probably have an opinion of you.

Sweet Nothing – Your okay in my book, don’t know a thing about you though.

The Unfan – Not sure what to make of you. I don’t appreciate how often you butt into conversations simply to tear someone down or try to make a point that no objective person would care about, however you also have some really interesting things to say on occasion and a sharp wit as far as I can tell.

TheBigThreKilledMyRainDog – You are my favorite person to read on here. You are a very good writer and though I inevitably sometimes find you subject matter dry you’re perspective is always captivating. I think you are the “smartest” person here in the sense that more then anyone else you are about sharing and considering ideas. I can’t speak to your intelligence anymore then anyone else here, but I feel outmatched a lot with you and a few others. Looking forward to the Cake Discography.

Toretordon – An absolute workhorse; you’ve done wonders for the site in terms of the organizational and informational projects you spearheaded. I haven’t seen a rude or inconsiderate post from you yet and your reviews are among those I read every time. Not sure how much we have in common or how much we’ll talk, but I appreciate your contributions to the site greatly.

Urban Hatemonger – I don’t like you, don’t dislike you either, we are two people from two different worlds. I imagine you feel much the same way. You are one of my favorite MB members because as Veridical Fiction pointed out you unexplainably intimidate people that have never met you via the internet. Maybe’s it’s the screen name, the sites best in my opinion, Regardless it’s fascinating and endlessly entertaining. I also think you do a great job helping the site.

Veridical Fiction – Your are so hit and miss for me. You’ll say something very funny, then something very stupid. However the more I see of you around here the more I realize how good your thought out posts are and just how well you relate your opinions. I think you’re a little stubborn but I come across that way to because of how adamantly I like to argue my points until my mind is changed. I love this thread too, seeing the various perceptions of the same people is very eye opening and enlightening.

Wayfarer – Always liked you, really haven’t talked to you or even been in the same thread since I took my last hiatus though.

zzz – You went out of your way to be kind to me, that was unnecessary but appreciated. I remember vaguely some fuss about you when I was modding, but that's about all else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread