Music Banter - View Single Post - HAPPY Box
Thread: HAPPY Box
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Well let's see. I just moved back to Philadelphia yesterday after having been in California for about eight months. As much as I like the west coast I'm a northeasterner at heart so I'm happy to be back. Last night was a great example of why I'm happy to be here actually. I got home about midnight last night and when I got out of the cab I heard a band playing at my local neighborhood hole-in-the-wall bar so I dropped my bags off at my apartment and went over to the bar to have a drink. It was pretty full, but the place is tiny so it doesn't take many people to fill it up. Watching a band play there is a like watching a band play in someone's living room. Anyway, the music was great, the atmosphere was chill as always, I talked to a couple people from the neighborhood that I hadn't seen since last fall and chatted with some other people I hadn't met before. Nothing crazy, just a very Philly experience, not something that you'd find in San Jose.

Also, I started school today. I graduated from college nine years ago and this is my first foray back into the academic environment since then. I'm honestly pretty stoked about it.
Aw, not reppin' the San Jo for me anymore, huh? Did you at least bring back some Viet slaves with ya? I, too, love good live local music in small spaces. That's really cool that you're starting school again. What's it gonna be this time?
333 is offline   Reply With Quote