Music Banter - View Single Post - The Cake Discography Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I never cared for these guys because of "The Distance." It was an ok song but I never actually liked it. I think I disliked it at some point. Anyway, I've heard the other singles and always thought "Never There" was a really good song but I never bothered to check out an album because I was always thinking stuff would be like "The Distance." I guess I was wrong in thinking that, based on your post. There's another song I've heard, something about "I want a girl..." this and that, don't know the name. Anyway, that one's nice too. So maybe I should check them out at some point.
Well i'm glad you took something from it. Stick around and sound off. Unless work becomes a nightmare, Fashion Nuggest should be going up today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theimperialwarcult View Post
I love cake. Jesus wrote a blank check is the best song on that first album ( in my opinion).
Cool thread.

The distance is probably the most boring song they've ever written (well, next to sheep go to heaven).
Hey now, Sheep go to Heaven is a hell of a sing-a-long. Once I finish the proper albums, I'll be reviewing auxillery things like Live Shows and their Unlimited Sunshine Tour. My goal is to have a thread where in you can get any information about the band you might want.

And if theres anything people are looking to get a review on, anything from a singular song to the music scene in Sacramento at the time, PM me and let me know.