Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #822 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

1.Between the Buried and Me-Ad a Dglgmut
-I'm sure many people are aware of the hype over Colors, but i'm gonna rewind it a bit, back to their album The Silent Circus, where their music was a bit more brash, but still as beautiful

2.Green Day-She
-even today, after all of the albums and change in their music, this is still my favorite Green Day song and one very close to my heart.

3.Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention-Hungry Freaks, Daddy
-This was my first foray into Zappa. yeah, a little less avant garde than anything he released afterwards, but a song with a unique edge to it and a rocking solo

4.Korn-Make Me Bad
-I bought Issues a few years ago, and at the time it was one of the weirdest albums i've ever heard. even so there were some definate gems in there, this song being one of them

5.Mastodon-Megalodon
-to this day i still have to rewind this song at 1:18 to listen to the insane guitar lick brought on this monsterous track

6.Red Hot Chili Peppers-Mellowship Slinky in B Major
-back when i bought BSSM for christmas in 04, this was one of the songs that stuck with me, just the whole thing is good.

7.Jimi Hendrix Experience-May This Be Love
-a very beautiful and overlooked Hendrix song, with Jimi on slide guitar. quite a listen

8.Soundgarden-Face Pollution
-one of the bands most notoriuosly underrated songs, this is a blast of punk with some technicality thrown in

9.Sublime-Burrtos
-This is not only one of my favorite Sublime tracks, but really shows Brad Nowell's guitar skills at work. I also love the lyrics which pretty much say "i don't feel like doing **** today". reminds me of me

10.Clutch-The Dragonfly
-ha! you didn't think i was gonna make this without a Clutch song, did you ? but yeah, this is one of my favorites, with the guitar and bass riff as well as the general weirdness of the song itself.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

here you go

btw, if you skip through any of these songs i will hunt you DOWN

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 06-03-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote