Music Banter - View Single Post - How much music do you listen to in an average day?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I really need to seriously consider this. I do listen to ambient or instrumental stuff on occasion, but I find that often the music distracts me from doing work. Not only because it's busy/loud/has vocals or whatever, but because I'm always wanting to talk about music online and research and stuff. If I make my work listening more of a passive thing I might get more work done. There's just always so much I want to listen to, it would be tough to play mostly instrumental stuff at work, then when would I listen to all the other music? I fail at prioritizing between work and music.
This is exactly why I listen to this type of music at work. Not only is it less distracting, but it really does have a calming effect which is a great thing on a stressful day. Also, I can play it a little louder than my other music without bothering my co-workers.

I also know what you mean about prioritizing between work and music...I swear if I get fired from my job for anything it will be for being on this damn website all the time. lol.