Music Banter - View Single Post - How much music do you listen to in an average day?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
For some reason I'm not that comfortable wearing headphones when shopping (for groceries or anything else). I think it has to do with being surrounded by and navigating around lots of people...I just need to be aware of my surroundings. I hate people in stores that don't follow logical flows, like a street. For instance, if I'm going to go around someone, I look over my shoulder to make sure I'm not cutting someone off. And if I'm coming out of an isle, I yield to those passing by as they have the right of way. Kind of like being on a bike, I guess, I need to be able to hear what's around me to avoid run-ins. Around the holidays I've done the headphone thing, though, as salespeople can be more pushy and it's easier to ignore them with headphones.
I never have the music so loud as to not be aware of my surroundings as would class myself as a courteous shopper but I also dont want to hear inane ramblings of people either calming their kids down or couples arguing. I always do the shopping on my own and it's a chore that doesn't bother me. I also love doing the ironing for 3 hours straight and everyone leaves the room and I listen to my sounds and zone out!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote