Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You Love by Bands You Hate
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
I've never enjoyed Megadeth, probably because I tried out their music so late in the game. By this time I had moved from Ride the Lightning and Vulgar Display (still love both albums though) to black metal. Proper thrash to me meant albums like Kreator's Pleasure to Kill and Bathory's first few. So when I finally decided to check out megadeth, it just seemed really watered down and bland. Especially the production irked me.
I can certainly see where you were coming from but the European sound had always been a little more dirty and rawer than the more technical and polished American sound (generally). With European metal you had the aforementioned Kreator, Bathory and also Sodom, Napalm etc. The European sound was as much about production (or lack of it) as it was drawing from other influences. Whereas the American sound generally started to become evermore insular and ended becoming a clone of itself. However both scenes hit me as I grew up so I have always liked both.

Amidst this you had Sepultura blast out with Schizophrenia which is still probably their most raw and best album (it was their second but Schiz) really went off big time.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote