Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #823 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Well let's see here. These definitely aren't my ten favorite songs, but they are the ten most important songs to me.

1. Castles Made of Sand - Jimi Hendrix Experience
This song is absolutely breathtaking music with such amazing lyrics... This song just carries me away, I love it. This one is my favorite song by my favorite artist.

2. Walking Contradiction - Green Day
Reminds me of days back in 6th or 7th grade out skating in the runoff drain back in the woods across the street from my house. Me and my friends would go out there with a radio and listen to music and skate on homemade **** all day in the summer. Back when life was so easy...

3. Needle of Death - Bert Jansch
This is a great folk song by a fantastic old folk singer. This one strikes particularly close to home with me, and is nice to listen to when I miss that someone.

4. Fentoozler - Blink 182
This one takes me way back, to my introduction to rock music. This album, Cheshire Cat, was one of the first albums I owned, and really this song was one of the early songs I heard that really got me interested in music.

5. Lazarus - The Boo Radleys
The first shoegaze music I ever heard was the Boo Radleys' Lazarus EP, and this was definitely my favorite song from it. This stayed in the record player for quite a while, and really got me into shoegaze.

6. Crack Rock Steady - Choking Victim
Ah... high school. This was one of me and a lot of my friends' favorite songs back in high school, and while a lotta people would play **** Tha Police when they wanted to mess with the cops, we'd blast this song from our radio skating in DC. The best anti cop song ever written.

7. Young Pilgrims - The Shins
This song reminds me off myself.

8. Outer Shpongolia - Shpongle
Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost was the first album I listened to the first time I took acid. As such, this song has a lot of great memories attached to it, as I was with a lot of good friends that are gone now. Very strange and trippy song, I love it.

9. Hey Man (Now You're Really Living) - The Eels
This is simply perfect to listen to when you're depressed and you need a pick-me-up song. It's great to listen to the lyrics and think about it, "Have you ever made love to a beautiful girl, made you feel like it's not such a bad world", just makes me remember sometimes life's good and sometimes it's not.

10. Nuthin But A G Thang - Dr. Dre
Back in high school right after I got my license, this song was mandatory on every blunt ride any of my friends and I ever went on. Reminds me of quite a lot of really fun times and funny stories

I guess that's it! Those are in no particular order, just sort of threw things in there as I thought of them. There's probably some other songs I coulda put in there instead of some of these, but whatever. Hope you enjoy, although I would imagine everyone hear has probably already heard all of these songs.

My 10 Song Compilation
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote