Music Banter - View Single Post - "Indie"
Thread: "Indie"
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
popsounds
Groupie

Whoah, big surprise, I'm completely misunderstood. It must have been me not liking Animal Collective that did it. I'm not saying that "all current music is crap" or something like that, good heavens no, I'm not one of those people. Just because, say, Broken Social Scene sometimes sounds like they are trying to be a poor man's Brian Eno doesn't mean they're not a good band. Just because I say that everything nowadays is either heavy or intensely melodic doesn't mean that that music is bad - I'm just commenting on the fact that there seems to be little balance. It's the indie scene and the metal scene, and that's pretty much all the independent scenes out there, with the exception of a small Garage scene which is pretty much dead by now. I wasn't even saying that we should have more of that, but I'm wondering where it all is by now. It seems like it's time for a new musical movement, but the music scene has sort of stayed in place for the last 6, 7 years - some great music has come out, but it's not progressing as rapidly as it seems it should. I'm not surprised, though, that because of that namedropping earlier which I now see has caused all this trouble, I'm getting all these cries of musical... Rip Van Winkleism. Which is sort of impossible, considering I'm a teenager.
popsounds is offline   Reply With Quote