Music Banter - View Single Post - "Indie"
Thread: "Indie"
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
popsounds
Groupie

Ah, thank you, a coherent response from someone who understands what I'm saying. I would pretty much agree with you, and like I said, there is no shortage of great music, so I'm happy discovering new music every day - but I guess this has to do with two things - A) seeing good people live, so that as it stands now I have little chance of seeing a great band that doesn't fit into certain genre lines live, but that's not too big a problem since there are some great bands, just not a large variety genre-wise, and B) just sort of my thoughts about rock'n'roll community - that there should be a scene in every city, that there should be a large variety of music across the world geographically so that when the limits of a genre do run out - it's going to come eventually - it will be easier for music to progress so that there won't be sort of a lag period.. there've been small ones throughout history, in my opinion - 73-74, 83-84, 02-03 maybe... of course the "lag" is completely subjective, but hopefully you understand the concept rather than the specifics, something which a few earlier posters have had a hard time doing.
popsounds is offline   Reply With Quote