Music Banter - View Single Post - Rate the person above you's Username
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #47 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
man i didn't know the whole band was his backing, i just thought it was eddie vedder who had credit to one of the songs

but yeah i really enjoyed it. i loved I'm the Ocean as well, along with Big Green Country and Song X
Yeah, actually Eddie Vedder wasnt really there for most of the recording. As for the recording, it was recorded live in the studio in very little takes which gives the album a very raw sound. You can hear at one of the songs Neil Young telling the others 'no tuning or nothing man'. Also I think most of the songs were written on the spot in the space of about 5 days or so. There are the two guitarists Stone Gosssard & Mike Mccready, Jeff Ament on bass & the magnificient Jack Irons on drums. Irons only played with Pearl Jam for a couple of albums ('No Code' & some other album I cant remember), also he used to be with the Chilis in their early days and played on the excellent 'Uplift Mofo Party Plan'. I also remember reading Neil Young had said at the time that this was the first time he had been in a band with three potential lead guitarists since his Buffalo Springfield days.
The only song Eddie Vedder is present on is Peace & Love where he sings near the end, also Im not sure but I think he may play piano on one of the other songs. It may come as a surprise but this is probably my favourite album of all time. I also have some delicious rarities including the Pearl Jam 'Merkinball' Ep they did the year after (which features two songs with Neil Young 'I Got ID' & 'Long Road') & a Neil Young & Pearl Jam Mirrorball tour bootleg recorded live in sweden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Janszoon.... I like it. 10/10

Oh. Cool I'm gonna have to look that one up.

Yea...
Youll find it in Neil Young Discography torrents on the likes of isohunt.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote