Music Banter - View Single Post - Pearl Jam
Thread: Pearl Jam
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #99 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Pearl Jam are a good live band, I have their 7 disc set 'Live At The Gorge' to prove it. Sure enough, they were much better in the 90s with albums such as 'Yield' (my favourite) , 'V.S', 'Vitalogy' (which is worth buying for the weird encyclopedia inside the booklet alone) & 'No Code'. I agree the albums 'Binaural' & 'Riot Act' are probably their two weakest but they are not bad albums if you dont compare them to their previous work. I also thought that the self titled album from 2006 or so 'Avocado' or whatever people call it, was very very good from start to finish & most definitely their best since 'Yield'. I have heard they have a new album coming out this year or something? Im pretty looking forward to it, Im a pretty big fan so havent been disappointed with them at any point really.

As for 'best' Pearl Jam song, jeez theres so many to choose from. 'Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town' & 'Rearviewmirror' both come to mind though. The first two tracks that got me into Pearl Jam were 'Alive' & 'Even Flow' from the 'Ten' album which I don't rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote