Music Banter - View Single Post - The Top Ten Most Infuriating Music Fans Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

10. Beatles fans

Consider this a sign of peace for how low these shitholes are on this list.

I’m sure we’re all accustomed to the occasional Beatles fanatic, the guy that mumbles on incoherently about how they were at the vanguard of every movement from prog rock to proto punk. He’ll explain that Lennon and McCartney weren’t just two songwriters, they were two GENIUSES, while Harrison was an amazing guitarist and Ringo – well, you know it, he’s a really underrated drummer. He won’t understand why you haven’t listened to Revolver thirty times yet or bought a box set of their works in the last three weeks. And regardless of how obviously disinterested you might be he’ll push every one of their farts into your face, no matter how dull or incendiary those escaping whiffs of idiocy are. Want to know how deep the shitheads dive?

I’ll tell you. I was over my friend’s place one lazy weekend just hanging out with a few girls, listening to some music and trying to stave off sobriety for another day. At the time we just had some laid back stuff playing, probably Morcheeba or something of the like. A dude I recently met came into the apartment to bum alcohol and just hang out with us. About five minutes in he turns to me to explain that my music ‘wasn’t party music.’ Okay, so what? Everyone’s allowed their own preferences, and it wasn’t my place so I took it off like a gentlemen. The guy leaves and comes back in, making a playlist consisting solely of the Beatles. Solid party music indeed.

He then proceeded to spend no less than four hours lecturing me on why the Beatles were the greatest band in the world.

Excuse me if I don’t fucking care.