Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Movie Quotes
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #71 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I remembered after sleeping some key quotes that I absolutely love! "Oh Captain, My Captain" from The Dead Poet's Society, "Why don't you go suck a fuck" from Donnie Darko, and "Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anybody would miss you" from Clueless!
We watched DPS in third and fifth form English. One of our teachers used to have this quote on her wall:

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer: that you are here; that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?