Music Banter - View Single Post - Best band I have seen live in years
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
2dogsrunning
Groupie

I've seen both bands, and I have different experiences.

I saw Devildriver up in NC a while back at the Sounds of the Underground tour. By the time they took the stage, I was pretty burned out by the monotony of metal band after metal band with only a few that actually brought something unique to the stage. Can't say i enjoyed their performance.

I caught Machine Head here in North Myrtle Beach at the House of Blues when they opened for Lamb Of God. Me and two buddies pounded a case of Busch in my van directly before entering the venue, and I ran into many friends inside who insisted on buying me shots and beers. When Machine Head took the stage, their sound was incredibly huge and sharp. I admired their sound and stage presence for a few minutes before I jumped into one of the roughest mosh pits I barely remember seeing. Somewhere in the fray, I got knocked out and was carried to the side. As I was coming back to, a security guard kicked me out for being too drunk and had the police pick me up and take me to their fine establishment. I remember enjoying Machine Head way more, but I guess the experiences are relative.
2dogsrunning is offline   Reply With Quote