Music Banter - View Single Post - Most infuriating music fans: Boobs edition
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustin View Post
Well they're not.
So how is an electronica band with a keyboard plugged into an amplifier 'not a real instrument', and yet a guitar plugged into one is? Considering amplifiers are built from electronics, pretty much everything that utilizes an electric guitar could be considered 'electronic'.

So am I saying AC/DC is an electronica band? No, however for the sake of argument, their music is no more "fake" than that of, say, Dan Deacon.

Oh and also, you missed a metal sub-genre:

Crust/Grindcore Fans

I happen to know alot of these, since a group of my friends in high school was engrained into the grindcore scene heavily enough to play with alot of these old fat losers. They're all essentially spoiled brats who not only take pride in listening to anything 'unlistenable' (aka anything that glorifies rape, serial killers, or graphic 'poo-poo' humor while playing music that appears difficult to play but just sounds like white-noise), and are so obsessed with the fact that they don't want to appear 'ingenuine', that they act like complete cunts on a daily basis. These people are stuck in Middle School bully mode, which is why them, and their music, will never be successful.

You can usually spot them wearing black T-shirts with stupid looking gory cartoons of naked hairy women having sex while being disemboweled, with an unreadable band name painstakingly scrawled in order to be unreadable to anyone who doesn't already know the band (a great elitism tactic). They tend to be unshowered drug addicts, who appear scary, but are most likely crying on the inside.