Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #243 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

10. The Who - Who's Next:
First album to feature synthesizers throughout. I love it

9. The Who - Live at Leeds:
This is the Who at their finest (with the exception of Tommy). John Entwistle is such an underrated bass player - but once I heard his basslines on this album, I was amazed. He was the finest bass player to ever walk this planet.

8. Green Day - Dookie:
This was one of the first CDs I bought, so of course it gets a place on my list. Brings back a lot of good memories.

7. R.E.M. - Monster:
R.E.M. is my favourite band. The songs on Monster remind me of my childhood as it came out when I was 4 and my parents had it on constant rotation!

6. The Beatles - Let It Be:
Their second last album, but the last to be released by them. The whole album is a gem and it's one of my favourites from the Fab Four.

5. Queen - A Night at the Opera:
It spawned "Bohemian Rhapsody", need I say more?

4. Billy Joel - 52nd Street:
Billy Joel is amazing, but I think this is one of his finest moments. My mom is a huge fan and every time I play this album I think of her.

3. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road:
"Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" takes up half a side. That gains extra points from me! Every time I play this one I think of my dad

2. The Beatles - Rubber Soul:
I think this is the Beatles at their finest. When I started learning guitar, I would play a lot of songs off of this albums so I could pretend to be like George Harrison!

1. R.E.M. - Automatic for the People:
The flow of the songs on this album is absolutely flawless, maybe with the exception of "Ignoreland" (which is still a good song BTW). AFTP brings back a lot of good memories for me, and maybe some bad ones as well . Overall, this is R.E.M. at their finest IMO.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote