Music Banter - View Single Post - "Indie"
Thread: "Indie"
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsounds View Post
I'm not trying to get mad at people, I just think people are taking advantage of this sudden onslaught of "LOL U FAIL" towards me when, as far as I can see, I actually tried to make people understand my rational for my original statement instead of sticking to substanceless biases and a refusal to acknowledge any other opinions. I don't mind laughing it off, but it seems a lot of people are laughing at me, thinking they are a higher musical authority, they could do better. Maybe they can, I don't know, and I have no problem with that. Like I said, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, I love that, and I have no problem with joking around with people about those differing opinions, but when someone attempts to claim that they are superior and not just different in terms of musical opinions, then I get sorta pissed.
I feel for you man. One of the things you've got to realize about this place is that half the people here go into threads they like, give a decent opinion, and try to enjoy the debate.

The other half thinks its a jungle gym to try out their defeatest one-liners and couldn't care less about the topic at hand. Its not that they think you're opinion sucks, its that they don't have one and they respond with douchey-comments.