Music Banter - View Single Post - The Charlatans
Thread: The Charlatans
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Default The Charlatans

Alrite, I have been meaning to do a thread on this band for a long time. I think they are massively underrated & the thing that impresses me the most about them is how they change their sound on practically every single album. I first got 'Some Friendly' then the Oasis-esque 'Tellin' Stories' & the most recent one I got was 'Simpatico' which i thought was excellent embracing funk & r&b styles on songs such as 'NYC'. I have still to get their 'You Cross My path' album but for some reason have a psychic notion that I aint gonna like it, which is strange considering their one of my favourite bands...

Anyway heres a list of all the album Ive got along with the best tracks:

Some Friendly (1990)- Fav Tracks- White Shirt, Your Not Very Well, Sproston Green, The Only One I Know, Opportunity, Then.

Between 10th & 11th- (1992)- Fav Tracks- I Dont Want To See The Sights, Ignition, The End Of Everything, Weirdo, Chewing Gum Weekend.

Up To Our Hips (1994)- Fav Tracks- Cant Get Out Of Bed (a song I can greatly relate to), I Never Want An Easy Life..., Jesus Hairdo, Patrol, Up To Our Hips.

The Charlatans (1995)- Fav Tracks- Just Lookin', Just When Your Thinking Things Over, Crashin' In, Nine Acre Court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote