Music Banter - View Single Post - The Charlatans
Thread: The Charlatans
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Simpatico (2006)- Fav Tracks- Blackened Blue Eyes, NYC, Dead Mans Eye, City Of The Dead, The Architect, When The Lights Go Out In London.. the list is endless.

Dont have this album yet so cant comment.

I also have their B-Sides album which to be honest, Ive never even bothered to listen to yet & a live album which I dont like.

My favourite most recent album is probably Simpatico, just because of the array of different styles explored on the album, from funk & r&b on songs like 'NYC' to touches of reggae on 'The Lights Go Out In London'. Fantastic album, I recommend to anyone who is looking to get into this band. But my all time favourite has to be 'Between 10th & 11th', it took me a long time to give it the time of day with the lackluster cover of a bunch of bananas ultimately putting me off. But really a great album & I love 'I Dont Want To See The Sights'.

I would say their weakest album is 'Up At The Lake' as I only really like the first 3 or 4 tracks & feel that everything pales in comparison to the first (title) track which kickstarts the album. Quite often if I put this album on, I just have track 1 on repeat lol.

EDIT: I will post more on this band (maybe some videos & talk more on the albums) later as Im off to work soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote