Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That I Love About Music
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #227 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
One thing I love about music is the instruments, all of them, I can't really think of one I don't like, they all have something special about their tone and they add a unique flavor to a song. I also love people who still make new radical instruments for a living, that to me is an important musical contribution that gets overlooked. Chapman sticks <3<3<3
I totally agree with this. Any instrument can be used in a way that is fantastic, hell I've even heard kazoo done in a way I enjoyed before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
And seconded on the violin too. I hate that people think it's a lame gimmick whenever instruments outside of guitar/drums/bass/keys are used in rock music. That's just a bunch of rubbish, I feel rock music is a bit too safe when it comes to the "standard" rock band ensemble. Violins really can rawk you know.

So yeah, hooray for all the prog bands that aren't afraid of cranking out a bichin' Fiddle solo. Gentle Giant, Hawkwind, Roxy Music, Magma, Caravan, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Comus and David Cross era King Crimson.

EDIT: Not the David Cross you're thinking of.
Haha. I just had this awesome image in my mind of the other David Cross playing with King Crimson.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote