Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest White Rapper *Poll*
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #518 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
You think Em has a more powerful voice than Aesop?

It's like, a sleepy grizzly bear (Aes) vs. a coked up 12 year old (Em). Now, this may be an even fight if that grizzly bear is REALLY sleepy and that 12 year old can pop some jabs. But altogether, it's still a grizzly bear.
It's funny...I almost posted this last night but went ahead and relistened to Float and Labor Days since those were the Aesop albums that I remembered being into more. I was gonna say Aesop sounds sleepy and tired on a lot of songs. But it did give me something to go and see what y'all are saying. It did re-affirm my feelings of hate on Aesop's flow or lack there of. Sometimes he hits and has a great flow and sound, but the next 3 have neither. That and he tries way to hard to have creative lyrics. I'd much rather have a phenomenal story than some really great imagery about nothing.

And with Eminem, he's got some 12 year old sounding songs I'll agree, but then he has a "kim" where you realize that he probably is as crazy as some of the songs he does. "The Way I Am", etc.