Music Banter - View Single Post - What Jazz album are you listening to?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #54 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post

He is definately a legend.

I tend to like individual songs more than albums when it comes to jazz music, and for me "Take Five" and "Freddie Freeloader" are my absolute favourites by Miles Davis.
Really? No Im definitely more of an album man, obviously I like individual songs but notice how my last fm is usually filled up with one particular artists, its because I dont do skipping like a hip kid.
Take Five? Thats by Dave Brubeck. Still a f*cking great song though. You know I was buying cds on amazon one month & had about a fiver left, had got everything I wanted (at the time) & was just looking at the 'what other customers bought' lists & actually did a blind buy on Dave Brubeck's 'Time Out' album. I had no idea who he was at the time of purchase or any of the music on the album but out of all the blind purchases I've done (& I do them all the time) this is definitely one of the best.
Talking of blind purchases, this month I did a blind purchase on an album by Mark Lanegan & Isobell Campell called 'Sunday At Devil Dirt'. I knew who Mark Lanegan was but didnt really dig the Screaming Trees that much but now I have a totally new appreciation for Mark Lanegan, of whom I knew had solo material but never thought I would ever like it as much as I liked this album:

EDIT: This may sound ridiculous to other posters (& f*cking ridicule it if you like!) but I thought that Mark Lanegan's voice was (at times) sort of a cross between Nick Cave & Johnny Cash. Concurr, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote