Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban Hatemonger presents "The Lou Reed Metal Machine Music Interactive Game"
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

I just finished listening to Metal Machine Music all the way through for the first time so I thought I'd dust off this old thread. I'm curious how many people here have listened to this album in its entirety. I'm glad I did it just to do it but I doubt I'll ever do it again. I actually enjoyed tracks 1 and 2 quite a bit and could see myself listening to them again sometime when I'm in the right mood, they have an interesting feel to them and some interesting textures that I found appealing from a soundscape kind of angle. Track 3 though: holy shit. There's a lot of rapidly pulsating high pitched shit on this track is truly headache inducing, I found myself checking how much time was left to the track a lot. Track 4 is more of the same shrieking, ear-piercing sounds as the previous track but in about the last three minutes it transforms into this glitchy, distorted rhythm that's actually pretty cool and would make a great sample. Anyway, just my two cents.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote